After a refreshingly long break I head back to the office today. The grind. The gig. Workski. The ole j-o-b. OK, none of those really apply since I enjoy my job quite a bit. It’s also a day when I crank it all back up. I’ve got blog posts to publish, the podcast to push out, Facebook messages to send, emails to reply to, and a lot more.
So what did I do with my two weeks off?
- Lots of rest. I think I went to bed early and tried my best to sleep in every day.
- Plenty of reading. I’m about halfway done with my third novel, The Hour I First Believed. About 175 pages into it I finally got hooked. I’m hoping to get that one done soon.
- Took a serious look at our money situation. I think it’s always good to start off the New Year with a clear look at what we need to do in that department.
- Kristen and I worked together a lot. I got a taste of her life as she headed off to work and I stayed home with the kiddos. That was awesome. We built and launched Beyond The Zoo, and yesterday I get a good jump on her blog redesign.
- We hosted Dave for a week. It was a good visit. We did a lot, we didn’t do a lot.
- Watched a lot of football and TV. The surprise came a few nights ago when we watched Michael Douglass in King of California.
That’s really about it! It was nice to slow down. It was awesome to spend so much time with the kids.
And now, it’s time to get ready for work. Gotta go.