It’s kind of funny, isn’t it? We live as though we are in charge. As if we decide and determine everything. Do we put the Bride of Christ into a cheap box and make it seem as though church is just a company?
- Church growth can be boiled down to a formula? You need training for that. 4 easy payments of $19.95.
- Church boards decide who is the leader? They pray at the beginning and end of each meeting.
- Want a thriving church? Follow these 6 steps.
- Want to experience life-changing worship? Hire some great musicians.
- Need to reach the community? It’s all about your marketing strategy.
- Want to change people’s lives? You need a gifted preacher to do that.
This is what the LORD says: “Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD.”
What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” It does not, therefore, depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.