I’m working on 3 hours of sleep. Again. No eloquence this morning, it’s all pain!
This is what the front line of a revolution looks like. Tired, exhilarating, fast moving, and sometimes scary.
Oh baby, here’s stuff that is happening right now.
- I’m pretty close to helping Parentzilla.com relaunch. Combined with Parentministry.net and another site slated for later this month, Jeremy Lee is making very impressive steps into online ministry this summer. And I’m happy to help him behind the scenes in both strategy and development.
- Sunday night, I wrapped up a round of edits on a book I co-wrote with Marko, A Parent’s Guide to Understanding Social Media. It was the first time I read it from start to finish. (And first time I’ve written a book of this length!) As reluctant as I was to do the book thing, dang this is such a good resource for parents.
- I’ve been working with the organizing team for Open Seattle to try to nail down speakers/line-up. When I launched Open I kind of had this wild dream that we could flip the script on youth ministry training events. Yup, verified that.
- The early bird deadline for the Middle School Ministry Campference is this Sunday. There’s a lot of movement happening behind the scenes on that one. Gonna rock.
- We’ve begun work on layout and design for a couple Cartel books. I’m enjoying both learning that process and having discussions about how we can revolutionize the publishing relationship. Of course, it helps that the books are really cool.
- We hired a bookkeeping service yesterday. This is a weird sign of growth… but is reflective of the level of complications things have gotten to, in an absolutely beautiful way.
- I had some amazing conversations yesterday with folks about everything from small events to big projects that will continue moving this revolution.
8 hours of meetings and 10 hours of work… didn’t make for a great night of sleep but did make for a soul filling day.
It’s spreading and gaining momentum. Join us in reimagining youth ministry in new ways.