If you’re at the cutting edge, then you’re going to bleed.
I guess they don’t call it the bleeding edge for nothing.
Here’s my thought about the dangers of being cutting edge…
- The biggest growth happens for those people and organizations willing to take risks.
- I’d rather be innovative than a copycat.
- I’d rather look forward to what can be than hold onto what used to be.
- I’d risk getting hurt by being cutting edge than get hurt by being too slow to respond.
- I think leaders take people where they wouldn’t go alone, regardless of risk.
- I think a little bleeding isn’t fatal.
- I’d rather be the guy with scars telling the stories than be the guy without scars regretting being careful.
I’m wired to not see the downside in being “cutting edge.” I only see upside.
What are some risks you are taking right now that might make you bleed a little?