I’m Learning a Lot Everyday
As I was watching this video I couldn’t help but think… how did this happen?
By “this” I guess I mean…
Every day I’m learning new things, new techniques, new ways of doing something, new ways to connect vision to reality.
Today I’ll build a website for The Summit, an event that Marko and I created last year to help youth workers dream about advancing their ministry in new ways.
Tomorrow I’ll finalize the interior layout for Every Picture Tells a Story, 2013 edition.
Everything about those two sentences are outside of my formal training.
- I went to school to be a youth pastor, not a web developer.
- I studied biblical theology, not the psychology of typography.
- I was taught how to plan small events and retreats, not conferences.
- I went to a school that taught the fundamentals of youth ministry, not advancing anything in new ways.
- My education taught me a lot about books, reading them and not designing them. Much less taking them to market.
What the point?
Your knowledge, experience, skills, and aptitude are preparing you for something new.
This perspective has taught me that what I know got me here but what I’ll learn today will get me there tomorrow, closer to my ultimate goals.