I got tagged on this one by Chris. I love movies and have eclectic taste so this ought to be a good time. In no particular order here are my favorite 10 movies.
- The Godfather, part I – Shear brilliance. A real family film if you know what I mean. I’ve seen it about 15 times and catch something fantastic each time.
- The Godfather, part III – A lot of people don’t like this movie but I find it fantastic. It ties the first and third together masterfully.
- Hoosiers – Gene Hackman is an inspiration in this movie. This true story shapes a lot of who I am as an Indiana boy.
- Rudy – The best Notre Dame movie out there. It was filmed at a time when ND was on top. And the fact that a lot of the extras are people I went to high school with always helps.
- Tin Cup – “This is a defining moment. And the thing about defining moments is that you either define the moment or the moment defines you.” Maybe one of the best lines in a movie, ever.
- 50 First Dates – Adam Sandler finds the perfect balance of male and female romantic comedy. I laughed, I cried… and generally at thinks that would make you blush.
- Little Miss Sunshine – Two words: Super freak. It’s a tragedy that this movie didn’t win best picture in 2006… I’m still not over it.
- Juno – The scenes with Juno and her parents are amazing. When Juno and her dad talk about finding love… that is the kind of parent I want to be. (Less the pregnant daughter of course!)
- 12 Angry Men – The original of course. This is group dynamics 101. Anyone in ministry needs to watch it 20 times.
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby – This is not the most complete movie in the world. But it has some sound bytes that I catch myself quoting all the time. I prefer the baby Jesus personally.
The rules of the “game” are simple:
1. list your top ten favorite films (in no particular order).
2. if you’re tagged, you’ve got to post and tag 3-5 other people.
3. give a tag back (some link love) to the one who tagged you in your post
4. give a hat tip (HT) to Dan
Kristen (queen of the indie film)
Adam (because he’s moving and needs a mental break)
Ryan (because he needs a reminder to blog)
Autumn (cos she watches more movies than anyone I know)
Dennis (because “i’m teaching in Cuba this summer” is no excuse!)