I’m not into numerology, at all. But I’m smart enough to know that this is the only time in my lifetime the calendar will read straight nines. With nine being the operative number of the day here are nine things I’m in love with.
1. Simple routines. Every day, every week basically looks the same.
2. Mega-family time. This has been a big change in our lives. At least once a week we all do something together. It’s not always big, but it’s a big deal and I’m pumped about it.
3. The job lottery. More than a year into my time at YS and I still get fired up and think… I work there? For real?
4. Church peeps. You can’t sell this short. We dig our church peeps. I love feeling like I need to step it up to keep up with their faithfulness.
5. Riding the trolley. (relates to #1) That simple discipline has taken so much stress out of our lives. Big ups to SDMTS.
6. Vietnamese food. This is the next craze to sweep across the nation. I’m a big fan of the noodle soup, pho. (pronounced “fu.” Yes, like half of the f-word.) Best food on the planet.
7. iPhone. I know something will replace it as the coolest device in my world. But it is an amazing tool for me. I can now go on vacation laptop free.
8. Nikon D60. I never thought I’d really love photography. I am no artist, but thanks to this little camera I can now take pictures that don’t suck.
9. My baby’s mama. Seriously, Kristen is a rock star. 12+ years of marriage and she’s still my best friend. She still laughs (politely) at my jokes and likes my crazy dreams.