“You are crazy enough to think you can change the world.”
This was the negative criticism of my ministry nearly 10 years ago by an elder. I took it as a compliment.
When I read Revelation 2-3
I see that Jesus will not judge individual churches or communities of faith. That’s not what John saw
. (Revelation 1:19
I see Jesus judging entire towns based on both what they’ve done and where their hearts are collectively.
As we look forward to that future judgment, we as church leaders in each community cannot be satisfied with reaching 5%-10% of the population. A logical conclusion would be that how we are doing things will only result in reaching 5%-10% of the population going forward. Simply put, f we want to reach exponentially more we, collectively, must change.
Most people realize that. But they don’t actually know how to make change happen.
Here are 5 ways I make change happen:
- Present the facts, repeat them often, write them on the walls. Do your homework, get behind the evidence.
- Persistence. Be a bulldog. Don’t let the issue die. No isn’t an answer, it’s an opportunity to try a different approach.
- Stop the presses. If something is really important you need to stop everything else, at all cost. We can’t go on like this.
- Tell a great story. Remember, a well-told story is your most powerful weapon.
- Outwork everyone else. Know why everyone says hard work pays off? Because it does. You can’t ignore hard work.
Leave a Reply