Open Boston is just a month from today!
See, we’re taking the traditional training event paradigm and flipping it on it’s head.
- Open is locally organized by a team of folks doing ministry in that area.
- Open takes speaker ideas/submissions from the youth ministry community. Anyone can submit a proposal to speak.
- Open is supported financially by local ministries, organizations, and companies whose heart is to gather and resource the church.
- Open is shameless about putting practitioners in front of practitioners to share what they are learning on the field. This creates a unique learning environment and energy I’ve not seen at any other event.
- Open unashamedly benefits the local organizer and a local ministry so most of the money from the event stays in the community. (Open Boston is benefiting The Boston Project)
Open Boston is now even better!
Last night Jake, our local organizer, confirmed a location for a Friday pre-conference day. (2/7) We’re offering two back-to-back intensives, one from Marko and another from Rachel Blom, a dinner for everyone for those who can make it, and a time of worship. We did this at Open Paris and it helped create an amazing retreat-like feel to the weekend. It’s also super casual… so it’ll start at 1:30 with Marko and just get there when you can.
Crazy part about that? The price is still $25. I love it.