I think I’m just exhausted. It’s a feeling of over-stimulation that comes on fast and is wearing me out. The solution is really that I need to get destimulated soon. Fairly soon I will need to schedule some “off the grid” time. Either that or I may post something extra snarky for no reason and I’ll regret it.
I have so many excellent things going on. Or is that just the exhaustion? There’s these competing things in my head. Things that bring me joy are stressing me out. And things that should be stress-filled are bringing me great joy.But very little “meh” in my life right now.
– Our community group getting involved with a refugee family. Stress-free joy.
– Other projects I agreed to help out with at church. Expecting joy but stressed.
– Going to The Price is Right today. [airs February 10th] Stress-free joy.
– Friday’s staff Christmas party. Expecting joy but stressed. 9 miles out of my comfort zone.
– Getting our money situation under control. Stress-free joy.
– Thinking about planned vacation time. Expecting joy but stressed.
– Getting ready for Christmas. Stress-free joy. I’m feeling advent-astic.
– Coming up with an age-appropriate discipline system for the kids. Just freaking stressful.
– Working with Kristen on a new website about San Diego living, our first collaborative project. Stress-free joy.
– Nurturing some relationships from Michigan. Expecting joy but stressed.
I don’t really have a point to this post that’s a take-away. Life lessons, nah. Looking for sympathy. Not so much. It’s just kind of capturing some places in my life that are confusing to me. I think in all arenas of both sides of this stress/joy coin I just need to build some time to rest and wait on God. At least, that’s my plan.