Tonight I am packing for NYWC and I thought it’d be cool to capture a gear list. People see me running around and doing a lot of stuff, here is the equipment that makes it all happen.
– Panasonic HD video camera (podcast footage)
– Panasonic hand held camcorder (I take 2 of these, use them for daily recap videos)
– Flip camera (for quick stuff I take from Big Room to Facebook, love it)
– iPhone (all around communication device. Digital camera, calendar, Twitter machine, Facebook status updates, Mobile Flickr posts)
– Nikon D60 (only one is pictured but I take two, plus about five 4 gig SD cards. Light and reliable, these are workhorse cameras for me)
– Lenses (Standard lens, 300 for close-ups and Big Room stuff, wide angle to capture the bigness of some stuff)
– Camera bag (You won’t see me without this at NYWC. It carries a lot of gear and lenses)
– Wireless mics (for big video camera)
– Mixer (for postgame show)
– Portable hard drive (Hey, I capture a lot of media!)
– Macbook Pro (Onsite I use web apps mostly, but I also use CS4, Final Cut, iMovie, iPhoto)
– iPod headphones (Carry 2 sets, they are cheap so if I lose them its no big deal)
– Media card reader (Carry 2 of these, you never know when someone will hand you a weird media card)
– Mac display adapters (Got one of each variety– I’m handy like that for my friends)
– Power cables galore (Convention handbook says you will always find me near an electrical outlet, it’s true! While I pictured one of everything I actually bring one for my bag and one for my room of almost every cable I use)
– USB, Firewire, RCA, Minijack cables (I bring about 10 varieties, cheaper to carry them than buy them)
– Business cards (Shoot video/pictures with someone, hand ’em a card)
– Batteries (Mostly 9v and AA, this picture reminds me I need to stock up on AA)
– Extra battery packs (I have a spare battery for everything, except my Macbook which lasts exceptionally long)
There’s actually a lot not pictured here that I use a lot, as well. But this is the stuff I carry with me almost all the time. In addition to this I have lighting, tripods, more electrical stuff… and three full time volunteers!
Seem excessive? 4 video cameras, 3 digital cameras, enough microphones to hold a press conference… Spend a couple hours with me and you’ll see that I use it all. I work my gear like my golf bag. I play ’em all.