Doug Fields recently posted this picture after his trip Kenya, to visit his son Cody, who took some time off from college to serve in a ministry there.
These are the rules of some street kids who self-govern their community.
Doug closed the post by asking, “What guidelines would best enhance your closest relationships?”
I chewed on that question for a whole day. I could quickly come up with 1-2 but 5 just weren’t coming together. During this mornings jog I finally settled on these 5.
Adam’s 5 Rules for People I Do Life With
- Tell each other the honest truth – We all have enough people in our lives who blow smoke.
- Show up – In one another lives, in our prayers, and in our home.
- God’s Word is true – It’s radical, scary, and comforting. But most importantly it’s true.
- You’ve got to listen – We will make space to hear you, really hear you.
- Call each other out – Real friends help each other grow.